Executive Level Settlement – TFS Department SchedulingJuly 24, 2017
Today the Local received the following memo from the CWA District 3 Office.
July 21, 2017
TO: AT&T SE Local Presidents, District 3 Staff & Secretaries
FROM: Nicholas E. M. Hawkins, Assistant to the Vice President CWA District 3
SUBJ: Core Technician Scheduling – TFS Department | Settlement
As previously communicated, AT&T made a unilateral change, in past practice in early 2017, with regard to the scheduling practices for Core Technicians within the TFS department. Subsequently, the CWA District 3 Office filed charges with the NLRB citing a unilateral change in past practice without giving notice to the Union or providing the Union an opportunity to bargain. Over the last few months, the District 3 Office has been in discussion with AT&T Labor Relations concerning the pending board charge. As a result of these discussions, the District 3 Office has agreed to the attached settlement. This settlement provides that the following scheduling rules will be instituted for Core Technicians within the TFS department, effective September 1, 2017:
- Employees will not be scheduled to work back to back Sundays.
- Employees will not be scheduled to work back to back Saturdays.
- Employees will not be scheduled to work Sunday and Saturday in the same week.
- Employees scheduled to work on Sunday will be scheduled off the following Friday.
- Employees who have a contractual day off “VP, DP, HO” on Monday, will not be scheduled to work the preceding Sunday.
- Employees who have a contractual day off “VP, DP, HO” on Friday, will not be scheduled to work the following Saturday.
- Employees who have four (4) contractual days off “VP, DP, HO” during a holiday week, will not be scheduled to work the holiday.
- Employees who have five (5) contractual days off through a combination of “VP, DP, HO, or Company Recognized Holiday”, will not be scheduled to work the weekend before or after the five (5) days off.
- Saturdays schedules are rotated evenly amongst all employees in the work group.
- Sundays schedules are rotated evenly amongst all employees in the work group.
- Employees on an approved leave of absence “STD, Military Leave, Maternity/Paternity Leave” are not required to catch up on Saturday/Sunday rotation once they return to work.
- Employees scheduled to work on Sunday are selected from the employees who were scheduled to work the preceding Saturday (Sunday picked from Saturday).
- Employees are allowed one special request per quarter for a Monday through Saturday, e.g., blocking a weekend, or requesting to work a Saturday and be scheduled off another day during the week. Sundays and Holidays are excluded from Special request due to the way the “premium time” language operates. Nevertheless, the field manager has the ability to input a Special request for ANY circumstances via the EASE RSC tool.
As always, should you have any questions or concerns surrounding this issue, please feel free to contact me at the District 3 Office.